Mike McCandless is veteran marketing executive, management consultant, and book publisher with experience in the tech, nonprofit, and higher education sectors.
The Touchwood Press provides publishing services—book editing, production management, and marketing—for independent authors and organizations:
- LaCost: The Evolution of Jason—science fiction (2017)
- MountainVision: Lessons Beyond the Summit—memoir (2016)
- Canal Chronicles: Stories of the I&M Canal and Northern Illinois—regional history (2015)
- The Divine Storyteller—biography (2013)
- When War Comes Home—spiritual guidance for the spouses of PTSD sufferers (2009)
- The Combat Trauma Healing Manual—coming all the way home (2008)
- Annie and Bill: A Story of Two Immigrants
- Marcom: The Essentials of Effective Marketing Communication
- Dad’s Recipe Box: Family Favorite Recipes, Home Cooking Tips, and News from the Food Front
- 100 Things You Need to Know: A Guide for Today
- Marketaneous.com—marketing at the speed of change
- MinistryandMarketing.com—where the mission meets the marketplace
- Guy Cicero.com—reflections on culture, politics, and society
- The Year of Being Half-Norwegian.com—a writer explores ancestry and destiny
- DadsRecipeBox.com—favorite recipes, cooking how-to’s, and news from the food revolution
We developed the Publish-It-Yourself Workshop in 2015 to help independent authors publish their first books themselves and take advantage of what the exploding self-publishing marketplace offers. You may simply need advice; or you may want editing, production management, or promotion.
- Michael McCandless Consulting—Early-stage marketing strategies
- The Touchwood Press—Digital publishing and publishing services
- The Publish-It-Yourself Workshop—Learn to publish your book in six weeks for little or no cost.
- Send a Friend a Card—Showing friends and customers you appreciate them